Route Sales Specialist
Employment Type: Regular
Location: RICE LAKE,WI
Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The responsibility of the Route Sales Specialist is to follow procedures and good business practices that will enable routes to grow to potential. Delivers fresh product to existing customers, sets up new accounts and merchandises. The RSS will work closely with customers and support all sales initiatives to achieve expectations, and be responsible for customer development with regard to ordering, merchandising, and display opportunities.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provides vacation relief for Route Sales Professionals and Loaders
- Assisting the Sales Leadership Team in day to day operations and/or issues as needed.
- Assists with the training of new Route Sales Professionals.
- Delivers fresh product to existing customers on open routes until new RSPs are trained.
- Assists with rack resets.
- Partners with Route Sales Professionals to create alignment in account chains
- Route operation activity, including ordering and distribution, merchandising, promotional activity, holiday planning and meeting customer expectations.
- Communicate with customers to assist them in understanding the promotional activity, and understand what our customer delivery expectations are.
- Ensure the product distribution is accomplished to customer satisfaction in agreement with any contract terms and requirements.
- Assists customer relations to include selling of new products, and space/position gains.
- Provides a high level of customer service ad solve customer issues as they arise.
- Represents BBU as a leader in the baking industry.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Work location will vary depending on staffing needs.
- Must have a valid drivers license and an acceptable driving record
- Requires high school degree or GED
- Route flexibility; sales, grocery or driving experience with DSD is preferred.
- The work can be physically demanding with repetitive lifting/carrying of up to 50 pounds and pushing/pulling up to 100 pounds or more.
- The ability to operate a standard shift truck
- Must follow all DOT regulations and be able to pass a DOT physical
- Must be able to work early hours and evening loading trucks.
- Standard work schedule is M, Tu, Th, F, Sat., however can vary during holiday weeks
Be a part of a company that is dedicated to protecting our planet:
- All of our U.S. operations have been powered with 100% renewable electrical energy since July 2019, with energy created through a Wind Farm backed by a Virtual Power Purchase Agreement with Invenergy
- Bimbo Bakeries USA was named EPA ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year in 2018 and 2019 for superior leadership, innovation and commitment to environmental protection through energy efficiency
- We have 14 ENERGY STAR® Certified facilities
- Our Manufacturing operations divert greater than 95% of waste from landfill
- 360 of our company-owned vehicles utilize alternative fuel – propane, compressed natural gas, and electric
- Bimbo Bakeries USA has committed to 100% sustainable packaging across its portfolio by 2025. All product bags, pouches and wrappers are currently recyclable through Terracycle.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.